At The Landsy (“Hotel”), the privacy and confidentiality of user information is important. We are committed to maintaining the privacy and security of your user information. We may update this policy from time to time, so please check here frequently. Hotel will not disclose identifiable user information to any third party without consent.
Hotel is committed to safeguarding your privacy while visiting the Hotel website, namely, www.timbercoveinn.com, (hereinafter all identified URLs are collectively referred to as the “Site”). Our goal is to provide you with an Internet experience that delivers the information, resources and services that are most relevant to you. To achieve this goal, part of the operation of the Site includes the gathering of certain types of information about Site users.
What information is collected about you? How do we use it?
We take the utmost care to ensure that the personal information we obtain from you is not used in a way that you may be unaware of or not agreeable to. You may wish to submit an information request about our Hotel, participate in one of our promotions or subscribe to our e-mail or postal mail lists. In response, we may ask for information such as your name and postal address. In the event you opt to provide us with this information, we will only use it for the purpose specified by you at the bottom of the information gathering form.
Information collected on the Site may be used to:
Permission for Use
If you decide to make an online reservation at the Site, you will be linked to a reservation interface and a third party booking engine (“Booking Engine”) provided by Synxis. While it appears to be part of our site, the Booking Engine is in fact provided by a third party and is governed by its privacy practices. We understand that security remains the primary concern of online consumers and have chosen the Booking Engine Vendor carefully.
Protecting your information
We would like our Site visitors to feel confident about using the Site to plan and purchase their accommodations, so Hotel is committed to protecting the information we collect. Hotel has implemented a security program to keep information that is stored in our systems protected from unauthorized access.
Our Site is hosted in a secure environment. The Site servers/systems are configured with data encryption, or scrambling, technologies, and industry-standard firewalls. When you enter personal information during the reservation process, or during a customer email sign-up, your data is protected by Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology to ensure safe transmission.
Withdrawing Consent to Use
Use of Aggregated Data
Our Hotel is interested in improving the Site and may develop and offer new features and services. We monitor aggregated data regarding use of the Site for marketing purposes and to study, improve and promote use of the Site. In connection with such purposes, Hotel may share aggregated data with third parties collectively and in an anonymous way. Disclosure of aggregated data does not reveal personal information about individual Site users in any way that identifies who they are or how to contact them.
Hotel has two exceptions to these limits on use of personal information:
Hotel may monitor and, when we believe in good faith that disclosure is required, disclose information to protect the security, property, assets and/or rights of Hotel from unauthorized use, or misuse, of the Site or anything found at the Site.
Hotel may disclose information when required by law; however, only to the extent necessary and in a manner that seeks to maintain the privacy of the individual.
To enable features at the Site, Hotel may assign one or more “cookies” to your Internet browser. Cookies, among other things, speed navigation through our Site, keep track of information so that you do not have to re-enter it each time you visit our Site, and may provide you with customized content. A cookie is an Internet mechanism composed of a small text file containing a unique identification number that permits a web server to send small pieces of information or text by means of your browser and place them on your computer's hard drive for storage. This text lets the web server know if you have previously visited the web page. Cookies by themselves cannot be used to find out the identity of any user.
Children's Privacy & Parental Consent
Links Provided To Other Sites
Hotel may provide links to a number of other web sites that we believe might offer you useful information and services. However, those sites may not follow the same privacy policies as Hotel. Therefore, we are not responsible for the privacy policies or the actions of any third parties, including without limitation, any web site owners whose sites may be reached through this Site, nor can we control the activities of those web sites. We urge you to contact the relevant parties controlling these sites or accessing their on-line policies for the relevant information about their data collection practices before submitting any personal information or other sensitive data.
Policy Modifications & Contacting Hotel
1576 Mission Drive Solvang,
CA 93463 (707) 847-3704
Web Site Terms and Conditions
By accessing this web site, you are agreeing to be bound by these web site Terms and Conditions of Use, all applicable laws and regulations, and agree that you are responsible for compliance with any applicable local laws. If you do not agree with any of these terms, you are prohibited from using or accessing this site. The materials contained in this web site are protected by applicable copyright and trade mark law.
2. Use License
a. Permission is granted to temporarily download one copy of the materials (information or software) on The Petersen Village Inn’s web site for personal, non-commercial transitory viewing only. This is the grant of a license, not a transfer of title, and under this license you may not:
i. modify or copy the materials;
ii. use the materials for any commercial purpose, or for any public display (commercial or non-commercial);
iii. attempt to decompile or reverse engineer any software contained on The Petersen Village Inn’s web site;
iv. remove any copyright or other proprietary notations from the materials; or
v. transfer the materials to another person or “mirror” the materials on any other server.
b. This license shall automatically terminate if you violate any of these restrictions and may be terminated by The Petersen Village Inn at any time. Upon terminating your viewing of these materials or upon the termination of this license, you must destroy any downloaded materials in your possession whether in electronic or printed format.
a. The materials on The Petersen Villages Inn’s web site are provided “as is”. The Petersen Village Inn makes no warranties, expressed or implied, and hereby disclaims and negates all other warranties, including without limitation, implied warranties or conditions of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or non-infringement of intellectual property or other violation of rights. Further, The Petersen Village Inn does not warrant or make any representations concerning the accuracy, likely results, or reliability of the use of the materials on its Internet web site or otherwise relating to such materials or on any sites linked to this site.
In no event shall The Landsby or its suppliers be liable for any damages (including, without limitation, damages for loss of data or profit, or due to business interruption,) arising out of the use or inability to use the materials on The Petersen Village Inn’s Internet site, even if The Petersen Village Inn or a The Petersen Village Inn authorized representative has been notified orally or in writing of the possibility of such damage. Because some jurisdictions do not allow limitations on implied warranties, or limitations of liability for consequential or incidental damages, these limitations may not apply to you.
5. Revisions and Errata
The materials appearing on The Landsby's web site could include technical, typographical, or photographic errors. The Landsby does not warrant that any of the materials on its web site are accurate, complete, or current. The Landsby may make changes to the materials contained on its web site at any time without notice. The Landsby does not, however, make any commitment to update the materials.
The Landsby has not reviewed all of the sites linked to its Internet web site and is not responsible for the contents of any such linked site. The inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement by The Landsby of the site. Use of any such linked web site is at the user’s own risk.
8. Governing Law
Any claim relating to The Landsby's web site shall be governed by the laws of the Province of Ontario without regard to its conflict of law provisions. General Terms and Conditions applicable to Use of a Web Site.
• Before or at the time of collecting personal information, we will identify the purposes for which information is being collected.
• We will collect and use of personal information solely with the objective of fulfilling those purposes specified by us and for other compatible purposes, unless we obtain the consent of the individual concerned or as required by law.
• We will only retain personal information as long as necessary for the fulfillment of those purposes.
• We will collect personal information by lawful and fair means and, where appropriate, with the knowledge or consent of the individual concerned.
• Personal data should be relevant to the purposes for which it is to be used, and, to the extent necessary for those purposes, should be accurate, complete, and up-to-date.
• We will protect personal information by reasonable security safeguards against loss or theft, as well as unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use or modification.
• We will make readily available to customers information about our policies and practices relating to the management of personal information.
We are committed to conducting our business in accordance with these principles in order to ensure that the confidentiality of personal information is protected and maintained.
Notice & Takedown Policy
If you have found material which you consider illegally held or published on our website, please contact us with the following information:
1. Your contact details.
2. The full details of the material.
3. The website address where you found the material.
4. A statement that, under penalty of perjury, you are the rights owner or are authorised to act for the rights owner.
The ‘Notice and Takedown’ procedure is then invoked as follows:
1. Write to Reply will acknowledge receipt of your complaint by email or letter and will make an initial assessment of the validity and plausibility of the complaint.
2. If plausible, the material will be immediately removed from the Write to Reply website pending further investigation.
3. Write to Reply will endeavour to contact the individual responsible for the publication of the material. The individual will be notified that the material is subject to a complaint, under what allegations, and will be encouraged to assuage the complaints concerned.
4. Write to Reply aims to resolve any issue swiftly and amicably with the complainant and to the satisfaction of both parties, with the following possible outcomes:
1. The material is replaced on the Write to Reply website unchanged.
2. The material is replaced on the Write to Reply website with changes.
3. The material is permanently removed from the Write to Reply website.
5. If Write to Reply and the complainant are unable to agree a solution, the material will remain unavailable through Write to Reply until a time when a resolution has been reached.